Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flower Crown DIY

  
 Flower crowns are this season's prettiest accessory. I think they make you really feel the essence of spring, which is my favorite season! You can make this for yourself or as a sweet surprise gift for someone. When I made my flower crown I wore it everywhere and got many compliments & questions about it so I figured I would share this with you! Have fun with it & be patient :)





Things you'll need:
Flowers
Floral tape
Floral wire
Scissors
Pliers optional

Flowers can be bought at any crafts store. I bought my pink roses at Michaels and paid $10 dollars for one bunch to make half a flower crown. Some flowers are pricier than others depending on the texture and style.



Start by cutting the stems off the flowers and leaving about an inch of stem so that you can attach them to your crown. 

Measure the floral wire around your head and make sure its slightly larger than your head. You can wrap it twice or three times so you can have a sturdier crown. 

Papa wouldn't stop going after my flowers!!


You can either wrap pieces of floral wire around the flowers and use the pliers to maneuver or use floral tape to wrap the stems of the flowers to the crown, your choice! Floral tape was easier for me to use. You can add flowers around the entire crown or you can just add them to the front. Be creative with it. 


Once you have all your flowers attached, wrap floral tape on the part of the crown that doesn't have any flowers on it. This helps to make the crown feel sturdy on that precious skull of yours. 


& there you have it, your own flower crown!




Keep Shining!
Cassandra Love xo


















1 comment:

  1. SO GORGEOUS !
    i love how you're in disneyland! Im from australia and went their about a year ago, one of the best places you'll ever be ! xxx

    ReplyDelete